Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Jazz


The jazz genre is a super influential to our society. Jazz was a big thing back in the day. And was mostly brought to attention from the African American community. The smooth beat and the soothing sounds from jazz is honestly what draws me to this style. I love jazz, I always have. I don't always listen to jazz mostly because if I did I would fall asleep thanks to the soothing music but I'd honestly recommend jazz for a relaxing night at home. Jazz music is very influential on my opinion of fashion of the olden days.. When I think of jazz I imagine people sharp dressed and wearing suit carrying a saxophone and jamming out, it's a typically cool style. I honestly love Jazz it's a very calming yet it still manages to attract your attention as you listen. It's typically brass instruments that are used in jazz to create that said sound. for example saxophones, trombones, trumpets and many more. Jazz is one of my favourite genres because of its soothing sounds, the intense emotions emitting from its sound and the many cultures it has influenced by just genuinely being awesome. I'd honestly recommend listening to Jazz.


3 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love music? Fun blog on a universal topic. I'm interested in seeing your take on genres such as Country, Opera, and Heavy Metal.

    - Last posts feel rushed…with no media and sometimes not enough words.
    - Your colour scheme for band names doesn’t always work.
    - Several facts, not enough opinion in some posts.
    -Awkward phrasing at times (as of lately, it’s vs its), repetition, run-ons, clarity issues, punctuation/capitalization, etc.

    A good start. Remember that the majority of the blog must be your opinion. Give us a detailed look on what you think about these different genres of music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, this post is so nice. I was wondering if you were going to talk about jazz or not but now you did. I love jazz too even though I don't listen to it that much. Yes, it is very soothing and the beat and rhythm just makes you move really softly sometimes. Love this post, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post faith as always!! Like Mona I was also wondering when you were going to talk about Jazz, I was in Jazz band so I can kind of communicate with what you are saying. I love every post you do and I cant wait for your post in the future.

    ReplyDelete