Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rock



The rock genre has been around since the dawn of Elvis, the original king of rock and its stuck around ever since! A lot of people believe that rock has affected our society in negative ways which I understand, but people always seem to forget about the great ways rock has influence our society. Rock has influenced our society in the way of fashion. I personally love the rock style it portrays the whole "I'm a rebel and I've got an attitude" which I can personally relate to. Rock is composed of many sub genres including: Alternative, grunge, heavy metal.. And so many more. The genre has influenced the creation of over 50 sub genres. With all of these genres comes plenty of bands. which , creates more opportunity for people to express their true talent. Here are a few of my personal favorite bands: The pretty reckless, Avenged Sevenfold and Five Finger Death Punch. The Pretty Reckless is composed of Taylor Momsen (lead vocals and rhythm guitar) Ben Phillips (lead guitar and backing vocals) Mark Damon (bass) and Jamie Perkins (drums) they're one of my favorite bands because of the content they put out. The raw emotion in Taylor's voice is so apparent and raspy, she's seriously one of my favorite people to listen to. Avenged Sevenfold is another band I'm in love with. It's composed of M. Shadows (Matt sanders) who has lead vocals. Zacky vengeance (lead guitar) Synyster Gates (lead guitarist) Johnny Christ (bass) and Arin lljay (drums) I also love them because of the lead singers voice. Matt has a very deep raspy voice which I'm personally in love with. Finally, Five Finger Death punch which is composed of Ivan Moody (lead vocalist) Zoltan Bathory (lead guitarist) Darrell Roberts (guitarist) Jeremy Spencer (drummer). I love this band mostly because of  the music they produce. The intense lyrics that match the loud emotional music perfectly.  I'm obsessed with this genre mostly because of how intensely emotional it can be. It's left a big impact on our society and I hope it lives on forever. 


1 comment:

  1. Great blog post faith, i really like how you explained the origine and how it affected our society throuought the years, personnaly im more of a heavy metal fan however, i do like to listen to rock, and i really like how yo adde a video in the end kee up the good work.

    ReplyDelete